Laem Klad and Mai Rood Sub-districts have diverse biodiversity and marine and coastal resources ranging from mangroves, salt marsh to rare marine animals and are neighboring with Cambodia. Locals have experience and knowledge in coastal conservation passing from generation to generation. However, no structured documentation on such experiences and lessons learned is available and shared among relevant stakeholders and the general public. Documentation and knowledge sharing will enable locals and relevant stakeholders to develop recommendations and measures on resource conservation and sustainable development.
In addition, SDF and Kasetsart University will assist MFF/SGF in documenting good practices and lessons learned from the communities and in supporting the monitoring process of grantees.
The target beneficiaries were;
1. Set of knowledge was compiled and documented by youth;
2. Youth have been empowered on knowledge management;
3. 40 locals participated in capacity building workshop;
4. Book, VDO, leaflet, signing board were produced and disseminated and used to/by 11 participating Tambon in Ao Trat;
5. Established working group on conservation for Ao Trat and developed strategic plan for Ao Trat.
Laem Klad Sub-District in Muang District and Mai Rood Sub-District in Klong Yai District, Trat Province. The networking and knowledge management will impact 5 Sub-districts in Ao Trad.
1st Mar 2016 to 28th Feb 2017
The Laem Klad and Mairood Tambon Administration Office contributed with in-kind contribution at ฿121,000. The participating communities made an in-kind contribution valued at ฿5,500.
The Sustainable Development Foundation [SDF] contributed with in-kind contribution at ฿42,000 and in-cash contribution worth ฿243,400.